Saturday, October 6, 2018

What? It's Not Over?

Okay, what is going on? Elon Musk back on Twitter, with undertones of trolling the SEC after a settlement was announced to be reached. The stock recovered initially on Monday and then has had a steady decline over the week, with the biggest drop on Friday after tweets about his disdain for short-selling and his seeming lack of confidence in the SEC investigation.
The play, as you see, is "SEC: Shortseller Enrichment Commission"... which is why the news is suggesting that he is undermining the integrity of the SEC after the settlement.

Well the news spun it, the short-seller investors dumped the stock (I suspect as usual) to give the impression that it was true, and we are sitting back at a price in the mid-200's.

Click here for full article.


And then he pulls out one of his tweets from January 2012, and the updates his opinion on it quite forcefully:




Today, I opened a second TFSA (Tax-Free Savings Account) trading account, this time with my trading company. Until now, I've been holding $TSLA stock in my RRSP trading account (our retirement savings plan here in Canada), but it's time to take all that available contribution room I have in my TFSA for a spin! (I'll post one day about what the amazing opportunity the average Canadian has with the TFSA. It's SO much more than just tax-savings on your interest!)

It's a strange thing to be a shareholder and hope that the stock sinks even further! I'm not sure when my fund transfer will go through in the upcoming week, but hopefully it will be before the stock starts heading back up.

Maybe I should ask Elon to keep tweeting just for a few more days until I'm ready to buy! He's giving all his long-investors a chance to gain more shares, and with it, more say on the future of the company.

On a serious note, here's my favorite recent tweet of Elon's:
He's bang on. That's what the long position is all about... the real world happenings, not the virtual world propaganda. Short sellers and FUD are just noise. Results are ultimately what matter.



MY POSITIONS FOR TODAY
As of October 5, 2018 closing.

No comments: