Thursday, May 3, 2007

Season Ending Blow


So that's the season. The Canucks laid a stinker for most of the first three periods until Burrows bailed them out with a sharp-angled goal. But I guess there was a glimpse of hope that made you think that you could see one more game in Vancouver.

I guess it wasn't meant to be.

And being the avid Canucks fan that I am, I'll mourn a bit, lick my wounds, transition into my denial stage, and in about a week, I'll be back to getting pumped up for the next season. I mean, after all, being a Canucks fan, this is my annual ritual. I'm just glad I got to do it a little later in the year than I have in the past few. :)

Good things that happened this year:

1. We got Bobby Lou!!
2. Bieksa is our new young up and coming prospect
3. Vigneault DID know what he was doing!
4. I've never seen the city rally around the team as much as this year.
5. Linden showed some evidence that he may end his career well.
6. Sedins are finally easier to watch.
7. Pyatt's a babe.
8. No "Bertuzzi" incidents this year
9. The best run I've ever seen from the Canucks from Dec 26th on!
10. First time watching hockey games in HD (dang!! you can never go back!)

The team gave me something to cheer about for the last several months. And now, I'm back. (Julia will be glad.)

No comments: