Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Looking Ahead: Planning my Next Buy of $TSLA Shares

It has been interesting watching the behaviour of $TSLA over the past couple of weeks since the Q3 earnings report and conference. It can't be understated just how monumental of a feat Tesla has achieved with their numbers... so much so that they are being subpoenaed by SEC to confirm their numbers. I know that the Tesla community shares my joy in saying just how damn proud we are of this little engine that could!

Having said that, the share price did not shoot back up right away In fact, has had a slow gradual incline which took many of us long term shareholders by surprise. It touched for a moment back to $350, but came back down again. But if you look super closely in the last week, $TSLA seems to be following the market curve of the S&P 500, like a "normal company." Though, yes, it is out-performing this trend, the ups and downs are following the market much more uniformly, unlike it's normal erratic behaviour of past.

This may be a good sign.


Looking forward,
I'm gear up for the March unveil of the Model Y with great anticipation. While I will purchase the Model 3, the Model Y is what I'm after as my "end game" car. And similarly to last time, I chose to purchase my first  $TSLA shares just shortly before the Model 3 unveil. I believe the stock price has a tremendous upside after this reveal.

From this point on, I'll be putting my disposable income from my side music gigs into my trading account, and faithfully moving it over to USD funds using Norbit's Gambit. Unfortunately, with my choice of using an online broker, the process from cashing my cheque in my account and moving it over to my trading account take about a week. Then converting the funds through Norbit's Gambit takes another week. So I have to always be 2 weeks ahead in my planning. Not to worry. It's 3 to 4 months worth of pay that I will have at my disposal when the beginning of March rolls around. In the meantime, I'll be rooting for $TSLA to take a slight dip just before (buying on the rumor).

However, even if the price of shares goes up, I'll likely still buy. It will be an interesting watch!


MY POSITIONS FOR TODAY
(click on image to see larger version)
As of November 13, 2018 closing.

No comments: