Thursday, February 8, 2007

one last look


So I finally threw away the ipod I received in the mail from a friend back in August of last year. If you didn't hear what happened, a friend kindly bought me an ipod as a gift and sent it up to me through the mail. It arrived at my doorstep freshly wounded (meaning that it was still warm from the damage), obvious from fast moving wheel that shaved the poor thing down to its wires.

I only looked at the box. But when I opened it, I had hoped that perhaps I could salvage some stuff. Well, I got myself a second pair of earphones, which is kinda cool (not sure exactly why I need a second pair... maybe to sell on eBay or something). But the damage pretty much ate through everything else, as you can see.... the cover, the CD, the USB transfer cords, and of course, the iPod itself. It's was very thoroughly damaged.

Oh yeah, and the best part of this story? The plastic bag that it came in with a note from Canada Post. Let me summarize it: "Oh, this was found the way you see it now. But we're trying to better, honest!" Thanks Canada Post. Next time, try saying sorry first.

Epilogue: I finally saved up enough to buy my own ipod a couple of weeks ago... yeah!

No comments: