Thursday, September 27, 2018

SEC sues Elon Musk for fraud - Does it matter?

Holy cow!

The breaking news is that SEC is suing Elon Musk for making a fraudulent statement about having funding secured to take Tesla Private.

Bloomberg Article:

Gali at HyperchangeTV on a rant... and on the right track.


$TSLA is already down to around $274 per share after trading hours. Tomorrow, the stock is going to sink further, and I am literally belly aching that I don't have any USD funding available in my trading account to buy more stocks right away.

This is not a deadly blow for Tesla by any stretch of the imagination. While I feel like Elon really stepped over the line with his "funding secured" tweet, the company itself will continue. There is a fear that Elon may be removed as CEO, and that's probably the only concern around. However, Elon will always be connected to Tesla in an integral way, and so I'm holding on my shares and still long on the stock price.

The worst of this will likely be tomorrow, so I'll post my positions summary again after the market closes for the week. For now, it's still healthy.


MY POSITIONS FOR TODAY
As of September 27, 2018 closing.

No comments: